With Missouri State’s baseball season starting soon, Hammons Field has created some COVID-19 guidelines for when you got to the ball park.
Guidelines for Springfield Cardinals games will be released at a later date.
The efforts are listed below.
General Public Guidelines
– Face coverings will be required at Hammons Field at all times. Limited exceptions include: children under the age of 2; while actively eating or drinking in your seat
– While at the ballpark, please pay attention to all posted signage regarding capacity, directional flow, and viewing guidelines.
– Seating will be first come, first serve. Every third row is open for pod seating with three empty seats between parties.
– Select Rows along the field and dugouts will be roped off to create a buffer zone.
– Stairwells that lead up to Suites 15 and 28 will be open and staffed.
– In order to greatly reduce shared touchpoints at the ballpark and help keep fans and staff safe, Hammons Field will be a cash-free ballpark in 2021. This will drastically reduce the potential for germs to spread. Debit cards, credit cards and gift cards will be exclusively accepted for all food and beverage purchases. If fans do not have debit or credit cards they are encouraged to plan ahead by purchasing pre-paid cards through available vendors. Great Southern Bank customers may visit any Great Southern Bank location, while other fans are encouraged to visit Central Bank. Please note the MSU merchandise area outside of the main gate will have their own policy and are not able to accept Cardinals gift cards.
– Food handling and preparation will be in accordance with public health directives regarding food handling. Food handling and preparation will be in accordance with FDA Best Practices. To ensure the safety of fans and staff, concessions stand registers will be distanced, and fans waiting in line must distance between groups (6 feet). All concessions staff will be required to wear proper PPE. There will also be a limited menu for speed of service, including packaged drinks (no fountain soda or draft beer available). Cashless payments are required for all purchases.
– The Team Store will not be open during Missouri State Baseball games, but MSU will have a merchandise trailer on the main concourse.