Christian County health officials are investigating 11 new COVID-19 cases. They’ve also identified several potential exposures in the community.
Here’s the release from the health department on those cases:
Christian County is announcing eleven (11) new COVID-19 cases.
To date, Christian County has a cumulative total of one-hundred thirty (130) cases (one-hundred seventeen (117) confirmed and thirteen (13) probable).
The county currently has seventy-seven (77) active cases and one COVID19 related death.
While investigating the most recent cases, investigators have identified the following potential exposures within the community.
– Friday, July 3: O’Reilly Auto Parts in Nixa from 12:00-1:00 p.m. and from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
– Friday, July 3: US ballpark in Ozark. No specific time provided.
– Sunday, July 5: The Bridge Church in Nixa from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
– Sunday, July 5: James River Church in Ozark from 8:45 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
– Monday, July 6: US ballpark in Ozark. No specific time provided.
– Monday, July 6: Casey’s in Nixa (1306 W. Mt. Vernon St.) at 10:30 a.m.
– Friday, July 10: Ozark Chevrolet at 9:00 a.m.
Anyone who visited the locations during the timeframes listed is considered to be at low risk for contracting COVID-19, but should monitor for symptoms.
There is no need to self-quarantine or isolate unless symptoms develop.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
· Fever or chills
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Muscle or body aches
· New loss of taste or smell
· Sore throat
· Congestion or runny nose.
Anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home and seek medical