Many leaders from organizations in the Ozarks are signing a pledge to ‘help ozarks’.
The pledge encourages citizens, businesses and institutions to help others through the COVID-19 pandemic, flatten the curve, and put people over profits.
The eight tenets of the Help Ozarks Pledge are:
1. We will practice physical distancing and good hygiene in my daily life to protect the health of community members.
2. I will practice social supports and check daily on at least one person or family especially vulnerable to the effects of the COVID-19 crisis.
3. I will volunteer my time or give other resources to help those in need as best I can during and after the COVID-19 crisis.
4. In business, I will put people over profits; I will not take advantage to increase prices, create a false sense of scarcity of products, or deny patrons necessary services or shelter.
5. In business, I will engage creative methods as best I can to help our associates and our community thrive and protect their livelihoods.
6. As a patron, I will buy local through the alternative ways businesses are offering their goods and services.
7. In all my actions, I will work to support the greater good of the Greater Ozarks.
8. I will ask others to join me in the #HelpOzarksPledge.
Those interested in taking the pledge on either an individual or organizational basis can visit HelpOzarks.springfieldmo.gov to see who else has joined you in the commitment.
At this time, participating organizations include:
- City of Springfield
- City Utilities
- Community Foundation of the Ozarks
- Community Partnership of the Ozarks
- Evangel University
- Greene County
- Minorities in Business
- Missouri State University
- The Network
- Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce
- Springfield-Greene County Health Department
- Springfield-Greene County Library
- Springfield-Greene County Office of Emergency Management
- Springfield Public Schools
- United Way of the Ozarks
- 417 Magazine
- Ozarks Independent
- City of Nixa
- Nixa Utilities
- Nixa Chamber of Commerce
- Nixa Public Schools
- Burrell Behavioral Health
- Guaranty Bank
- Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau
The list will be updated daily, and you can see that list here.