City Utilities is making changes in their services due to the Coronavirus spread.
Here are the changes they have announced.
- Beginning immediately, CU will suspend the disconnection of utilities for non-payment until May 1, 2020. However, customers are encouraged to contact CU to make payment arrangements to avoid additional late payment charges.
- The customer lobby located at 301 E. Central will remain open for customers, but all are encouraged to conduct business by phone or online. Be aware that call volume may increase during this time, please be patient when contacting our Customer Services area.
- Customers may contact CU at 417-863-9000 or conduct business online at cityutilities.net.
- Bus service will continue normal operation.
- All non-critical business travel for employees has been suspended until May 1, 2020.
- We are evaluating all supply chains and inventory to minimize any impact to essential equipment and supplies.
- We are providing guidance to any employee traveling for personal reasons.
- We have implemented additional cleaning and disinfecting procedures to help reduce chances of the virus spreading.
The press release says additionally, the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and CU are reassuring customers that the COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking water. Conventional water treatment methods that use filtration and disinfection, such as those performed by CU, should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.