A couple workers at Bass Pro Shops in Springfield have minor burns after a small gun powder fire this morning.

Firefighters were called to the Cherokee side of Bass Pro, off of Campbell around 6:30 this morning.

The Springfield fire chief says it happened when workers were doing maintenance in the basement.

Crews say the two were burned when gun powder went off in a rifle tube.

Workers were first evacuated from the building. They were allowed back inside around 7 a.m.

A fire marshal was called to the scene to investigate.