Courtesy Webb City Fire Department Facebook page

Two teenagers from Webb City are credited with rescuing their parents from a burning home.

Crews say the teens were out for several minutes Monday night when they came back and saw smoke coming out of the house on Liberty Street.

They couldn’t get in through the door, so the kids broke a window to get to their parents, who were sleeping.

Firefighters say a malfunctioning space heater caused the flames, and the home is a total loss.

The American Red Cross has been called in to help the family.

 

Tags: ,