Last Day For Disaster Recovery Center In Greene County Is Monday

If you still need to register any damage or loss from the flooding in April and May, Monday is your last day to get it done in-person in Greene County.

The Disaster Recovery Center for Greene County is located at The Library Center on Kansas Expressway in Springfield.

FEMA Spokesman Scott Sanders says it will be open with FEMA and SBA specialist offering assistance from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Sanders says disaster recovery centers offer in-person support to individuals and business owners in any of the counties included in the federal disaster declaration.

 Recovery specialists from FEMA and SBA will be at the centers to discuss assistance and to help anyone who needs information or assistance filing an application.

Some common questions the specialists can answer are if home or business owners are having trouble with insurance, need to make repairs or have something replaced like a car or tools that were damaged by the flooding.

But if you can’t make it on Monday, Sanders says don’t worry.

Anyone with property damage or loss caused by the flooding and storms  during late April and early May can register and apply FEMA and SBA disaster assistance until August 14th.

The deadline was originally August 1st, but was extended when more counties were added to the list of one that qualifies.

A total of 35 counties have designated for Individual Assistance: Bollinger, Butler, Carter, Christian, Crawford, Dent, Douglas, Dunklin, Franklin, Gasconade, Greene, Howell, Iron, Jasper, Jefferson, Madison, Maries, McDonald, Newton, Oregon, Osage, Ozark, Pemiscot, Phelps, Pulaski, Reynolds, Ripley, Shannon, Ste. Genevieve, St. Louis, Stone,Taney, Texas, Wayne and Wright. 

It’s easy to register by phone or online:

·         Call  800-621-3362 between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. CST seven days a week. 

·         Go online to[].

·         Use the FEMA app[] for smartphones.

Eligible homeowners and renters may be able to receive money for losses not covered by insurance to help pay for basic home repairs, temporary rental assistance and other needs such as replacing personal property. FEMA Individual Assistance is grant money that does not have to be repaid.

Missourians who still have critical unmet needs are encouraged to call United Way 211, which can provide access to other assistance provided by voluntary agencies, faith-based and other organizations. Those who have already called 2-1-1 for help with disaster recovery needs still need to register separately with FEMA.


For more information, applicants may contact SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center by calling 800-659-2955, emailing, or visiting SBA’s website at[]. Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals may call 800-877-8339.

Print this article Back to Top