Group Of Boys In Bolivar Hospitalized For Alcohol Poisoning

Police in Bolivar are sending a warning to all parents in the Ozarks after a group of boys drank a gallon of vodka in 20 minutes and several had to be hospitalized.

Officers were called to the Bolivar Greenways walking trail Saturday around 6:30 p.m. and found five boys, all under the age of 16.

A 14-year-old there was blacked out and wasn’t breathing. Police say he had to be airlifted to a hospital in Springfield and spent two days in the ICU.

Bolivar police say the boys had gotten the vodka from one of their houses. The teenagers were also mixing the alcohol with Xanax, a prescription drug.

Officers suggest to parents who keep alcohol in their home, to put it somewhere where it’s locked up or controlled.

 

Bolivar police haven’t ruled out whether an adult could be charged with supplying or allowing the boys access to the liquor.

Print this article Back to Top