The Missouri State Highway Patrol, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, the Murphy-Hoffman Company, and the Children’s Miracle Network of Cox Health are putting together a toy drive in honor of Highway Patrol trooper Jay Sampietro Jr. who was killed while on duty in 2005.
The drive will begin Friday.
Anyone who donates a new and unwrapped toy valued at $10 or more will get 12 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.
The toy drive is for children who are forced to spend the Christmas season in the hospital.
The drop-off locations are below:
* Cox South, West Tower Entrance ― 3801 S. National Ave, Springfield, Mo.
* Ferrell-Duncan Clinic ― 1001 E. Primrose St., Springfield, Mo.
* Meyer Orthopedic and Rehab Hospital ― 3535 S. National Avenue, Springfield, Mo.
* Murphy-Hoffman Company ― 3301 E. Kearney Street, Springfield, Mo.
* MSHP Troop D Headquarters ― 3131 E. Kearney Street, Springfield, Mo.
* Springfield Krispy Kreme Doughnuts ― 3860 S. Campbell Avenue, Springfield, Mo.
Highway Patrol Troopers will personally deliver the toys to children in the Cox Health Pediatric Unit on December 19th.
Toy needs include Legos, board games, coloring books, Hot Wheels, action figures, art supplies, and more.