An area of highway in east Springfield that has shifted a lot of traffic flow into Springfield is now open.
MoDOT has opened all northbound lanes from James River Freeway and Highway 65 six days ahead of schedule.
One to two lanes of northbound and southbound 65 between Sunshine and Highway 60 could be closed at night starting Monday.
It will be between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m.
(Information provided by MoDOT)
What: Northbound Route 65 OPEN to traffic between Route 60 (James River Freeway) and Sunshine Street in Springfield — six days ahead of schedule.
When: 11:30 a.m. today (Saturday, September 14).
Additional Traffic Information:
· All northbound ramps at Route 60/65 interchange OPEN
· All ramps and turn lanes at Glenstone Avenue/Route 60 interchange OPEN
· All Route 60 median crossovers between Route 65 and Greene County Route NN/J interchange OPEN
· One to two lanes of northbound and southbound Route 65 between Sunshine Street and Route 60 could be closed at night starting Monday, September 16, for pavement smoothing process. Nighttime lane closings occur between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Why: Route 65 concrete pavement has been replaced and all lanes are open during daytime hours.
(Weather or construction delays could alter the work schedule.)
· Sunday-Thursday, August 4-8 — COMPLETE
o All southbound lanes of Route 65 CLOSED between Sunshine Street and Battlefield Road
o Southbound on ramp from Sunshine Street to Route 65 CLOSED
o Southbound off ramp from Route 65 to Battlefield Road CLOSED
· Thursday-Tuesday, August 8-20 — COMPLETE
o All southbound lanes of Route 65 CLOSED between Battlefield Road and Route 60
o Southbound Route 65 OPEN between Sunshine Street and Battlefield Road, but reduced to one lane
o Southbound on ramp from Battlefield Road to Route 65 CLOSED
o Southbound Route 65-to-westbound Route 60 ramp CLOSED
All lanes of Route 65 open during the Labor Day holiday (Tuesday-Friday, August 20-September 6)
· Friday-Friday, September 6-20 (All northbound Route 65 lanes OPEN on Saturday, September 14) — COMPLETE
o All northbound lanes of Route 65 CLOSED between Route 60 and Sunshine Street
o Eastbound Route 60-to-northbound Route 65 ramp CLOSED
o Westbound Route 60-to-northbound Route 65 ramp CLOSED
o Northbound off ramp from Route 65 to Battlefield Road CLOSED
o Northbound on ramp from Battlefield Road to northbound Route 65 CLOSED
o Northbound off ramp from Route 65 to Sunshine Street CLOSED
o Eastbound on ramp from Glenstone Avenue to Route 60 CLOSED
o Route 60 crossovers CLOSED between Route 65 and Greene County Routes NN/J
· September 16-November 1
o Nighttime lane closings for shoulder construction/guardrail/striping