Looking to make a nice chunk of change over just a brief period of time? The U.S. Census Bureau might have an opportunity for you.
The 2020 Census is just around the corner and the government agency says it needs to hire hundreds of thousands of employees to carry out the counting. In fact, prior to hiring, they hope to assemble an applicant pool in the millions.
The Census Bureau is currently recruiting for several types of jobs, including the following:
- recruiting assistants, who travel to specific areas to conduct recruiting activities
- office operations supervisors, who assist with day-to-day activities and functions
- clerks, who perform various administrative and clerical tasks
- census field supervisors, who train and supervise field workers
- census takers, who work in the field interviewing the public
You can find out about positions available in your area on the Census website. Pay rate varies by area and position. You can check pay rates for your state and county here or call 1-855-JOB-2020. Those hired will be paid for training and reimbursed for job-related expenses.
All of the jobs are temporary positions. Most job offers for address canvassing will be made in the summer of 2019.
You must meet several requirements in order to qualify for these positions.
- You must be a U.S. citizen who is at least 18 years old and has a Social Security number.
- You need to have a valid email address.
- If you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959, you must be registered with the Selective Service System (or have a qualifying exemption).
- You must be able to complete an application, answer assessment questions and pass a criminal background check.
- You must be able to work flexible hours and complete training.
- In addition, some positions require access to a computer with internet, access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
How To Apply
You can apply on the Census Bureau website. You’ll need to provide your Social Security number, date of birth, place of birth, home address, email address and phone number. The process takes about 30 minutes.
Interviews will be conducted by phone. Job offers will be made by both phone and email.
[h/t: The Penny Hoarder]