skip to nav skip to content
From a press release...
American Red Cross, Southern Missouri Region 2/5/2013 — A regional earthquake preparedness drill, The Great Central U.S. ShakeOut, is a coordinated drill that will take place February 7 at 10:15 a.m. local time.
Missouri residents are encouraged to take part and learn what supplies to have on hand and what to do if an earthquake strikes. “You could be anywhere when an earthquake happens,” said Chris Harmon, Chief Disaster Services Officer for Red Cross in Southern Missouri “Households, businesses and schools should take this opportunity to create or update their emergency plans and to practice what to do in case of an earthquake.”
Download Free Red Cross Earthquake App
The free American Red Cross Earthquake App, available in English and Spanish, gives users access to real-time information so they know what to do before, during and after earthquakes. Features of the app include:
· Simple steps and checklists people can use to create a family emergency plan;
· Earthquake epicenter location, impact magnitude and local geographical impact data provided by the U.S. Geological Survey;
· A “Shake Zone Impact Map” that provides real-time, simplified impact assessment when available;
· Preloaded content that gives users instant access to critical action steps, even without mobile connectivity;
· One-touch “I’m safe” messaging that allows users to inform family and friends via social media outlets that they are out of harm’s way;
· Toolkit with flashlight, strobe light and audible alarm; and
· Locations of open Red Cross shelters.
The Earthquake App can be found in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store for Android by searching for American Red Cross. Information on all American Red Cross apps can be found atredcross.org/mobileapps.
Join the Ready Rating Program
Red Cross Ready Rating™ (readyrating.org) is a free, web-based program designed to help businesses, organizations and schools become better prepared for emergencies. Members complete a self-assessment of their current readiness level and receive immediate customized feedback and resources to improve their score.
|Submit photos to: