skip to nav skip to content
Three house fires in Springfield this past week were sparked by space heaters. The fire department's Life Safety Educator Cara Erwin tells KTTS News one was caused by an unattended heater in the garage, two others are blamed on an overloaded electrical system.
Experts recommend plugging the unit directly into the wall because most extension cords are not rated for that amount of power. Make sure the heater has an emergency shut off in case it tips over and keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from the unit.
|Submit photos to: