skip to nav skip to content
Image by KTTS File Photo
It looks like kids with Roman Candles may be to blame for setting three yards on fire in Nixa.
Chief Jon Trent says the flames were spreading quick when crews got on scene.
A homeowner with a garden hose was doing his part, but luckily called 911.
"It's absolutely the key in this," says Trent.
"Here's a situation where you had three yards on fire at the same time. Your action with the garden hose may slow down part of that, but there's no way you can control all of it."
He says neighbors down the road could be seen watering their own yards, scared the fires could engulf their homes.
|Submit photos to: