skip to nav skip to content
Image by Republic, Mo Fire Department
Republic's fire chief is praising a sprinkler system that kept fire damage to a minimum at the Republic Palms apartment complex.
Chief Duane Compton tells KTTS News the fire started on the back deck of one of the units, but the automatic sprinkler system took care of the problem, limiting damage to around $2,000.
He noted it was a different story a few years back when careless smoking at the very same building and on pretty much the same spot started a fire that did some $600,000 in damage.
Several people were also left homeless while the complex was rebuilt.
Compton adds that when Republic Palms was rebuilt, it was to city code that demanded a sprinkler system be installed.
|Submit photos to: