skip to nav skip to content
Hey the next two days are very important! It's a chance for you to give back to the community in a wonderful way. A donation of... blood. When you think of it, its free, except for your time. If you give blood you are helping not only others with possible life threatening illnesses, but you are showing your are committed to THIS community.
I gave blood for the first time a couple of years back. I was not aware at the time how good you absolutely feel after giving something literally of yourself to help someone else. Oh, sure I have given time, money and dedication to a specific call. But blood giving? It means a part of you, is going some where else to help someone else. The feeling is indescribable. I just felt happy. You can feel happy today, and in turn someone else will be happy to receive your gift.
Please join me today at the CBCO at Plainview and Campbell from 11 am to 1 pm. Or come when you get off work. The nurses will take your blood until 6pm.
This year, the two day event is looking to gain 700 donors. Here are the rules for giving.
1. Must weight at least 110 pounds
2. Must be over the age of 17 unless you have parental permission
3. You must not have given blood within the last 56 days.
4. No donation at this time if you have tattoo's, piercings within the last several years
5. No donation at this time if you have been to 3 rd world countries within the last 3 years.
DONT FORGET everyone who donates gets great prizes from Springfield Cardinals, Hardees and you can register for some fabulous door prizes.
Need more info? Go to the CBCO.org.
Hope to see you today or tomorrow-
|Submit photos to: