skip to nav skip to content
I found this very interesting and hope you do to. I haven't always been one, so, I've made a point to try and be a better listener. I also don't take compliments very well. Something for me to work on.
Time for some homework.
Try any (or all) of these people pleasers and see why you will feel good about yourself and those around you.
1. Talk in terms of the other person’s interests. The best way to get someone to be interested in what you have to say is to be interested in what they have to say first.
2. It’s not about you; it’s about them if you want people to like you.
3. Compromise. The unofficial definition of diplomacy is the fine art of letting other’s have your way.
4. The surprising reality is that most people care more about being heard than getting you to change your point of view. Be a great listener.
5. Give back compliments when they are given to you. You’ll hear more praise and appreciation when you hand a compliment back like a hot potato.
6. A sincere compliment is one in which you not only tell the other person what you like about them but cite evidence or an example to give it meaning. Everything else is just flattery which doesn’t go far.
7. To be authentic, admit your frailties. Nothing makes a person look so good as when they admit mistakes and show their imperfections. Yes, be human and show it. It’s irresistible.
Most of the time we don’t need a course in human relations. We just need to revisit treating others the way we like to be treated.
|Submit photos to: