skip to nav skip to content
Just in time for Halloween....My top 5 scary movies. Movies that either scared me tremendously as a kid or I find scary later in life:
5) Airport. The original. Not a horror movie,...but I saw it when I was a little kid. My parents took me to the drive in movie theater (remember those?) I watched in my pajamas and the guy who sets off the bomb scared me to death. Way to go mom and dad!
4) Halloween. The original. I was a teen and I think I still have fingernail scars on my arm from my date. We rode our bikes to the theater.
3) Saw. The original. Watched it with my teenage daughter. I think she asked for us to bring the nitelight back out of storage and keep it on in the hallway outside her bedroom.
2) Jaws. My parents had planned a family vacation to Florida the summer this came out. They wouldn't let my sister and me see this until after we got back. Good thing. I don't think we would have gone in the ocean if we had seen this before the trip.
1) The Shining. Red-rum. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Jack Nicholson was reallllly creepy and scary.