skip to nav skip to content
Where do I start? I mean, I've seen every episode of "How I Met Your Mother" and I've enjoyed most (besides that awful 'slap bet' episode earlier this season). Anyway, I knew that it was about time for the show to end, because what else could they do? Honestly, I had a feeling I'd be a little disappointed with the finale last night, but I had no idea how bad it would be...
This season has been hit or miss for me. Going into the final season, I had mixed emotions about the whole season taking place during one weekend. But, for the most part, I was pleasantly surprised with how they handled it (again, besides that horrible 'slap bet' episode). But, last night... Well, last night was a different story. It was so, so disappointing. Here are a few of the many things I didn't like:
1. The lack of wedding scenes. So, they have a whole season based on the fact that Robin & Barney are getting married, then don't even show the wedding? That makes sense.
2. Barney and Robin's divorce. Again, a whole season based on the fact that they are getting married, and then they get divorced in the final episode.
3. The lack of time put into every scene. If they were going to hit on so many different life events, they needed to put more into them. It really needed to be a longer episode or include less events. There was no time to really get into the event they were talking about.
4. Ted and the 'Mother' wait 5 years to get married. This is so unlike Ted. He finally finds the woman of his dreams, after looking for so long, then waits to marry her. That's not the Ted I grew to love. Also, if I were a character on the show, I would be Ted and I know I wouldn't do that.
5. The 'Mother' dies. Are you kidding me? Again, it takes Ted so long to find his wife and then she dies. There were signs during the final season that this was going to happen, but THE WHOLE SHOW IS ABOUT HIM FINDING HER AND SHE DIES!!! Dumb. Just dumb.
6. Ted and Robin end up together. I know some will disagree with me on this one, but I'm not sure that anything bugged me more than this. They have a group of 5 friends and Robin marries 2 of them (assuming her and Ted eventually marry). There's gotta be a rule against that. That doesn't fit in the 'Bro Code'. And it also bothered me that Ted's kids were encouraging him to ask out 'Aunt' Robin. That's weird. I should note that I was the guy that always wanted Rachel to end up with Joey, and not Ross, in 'Friends'. Also, I don't like Robin and never really did.
I could go on and on... And I kinda did, but I'll cut it off there. It's just frustrating to love a show and its characters so much, then something like that happens. It kinda ruined it for me. This finale reminded me of the 'Dexter' finale. Both disappointed, but I thought the 'HIMYM' one was even more disappointing. Maybe I expect too much, but I know I'm not the only one who feels cheated. What did you think of the finale?