skip to nav skip to content
I try to make lists as much as possible, because... Well, I like them. Lists are simple and I'm a simple guy, so it just makes sense.
I've listened to several different country albums this year and have decided to write my favorites down. Before you start saying "but what about so and so's album?," please understand that I haven't given every album that was released this year a fair chance. So, take this list for what it is: My favorite albums that I've heard from 2013.
5. Luke Bryan - "Crash My Party": Luke Bryan is hard to figure out for me. One minute, he'll release a song that I couldn't be less of a fan of, then he'll come right back with a song I love (See "That's My Kinda Night" & "Drink a Beer"). This album is no different, but there are enough good songs to make it a good album.
Favorite songs: "Drink a Beer" & "We Run This Town"
4. Jake Owen - "Days of Gold": I was super excited for this album to hit stores, because I was such a big fan of his last. Sure, there's a couple fun, dumb songs on this CD, but I can deal with it, because I like the other songs so much. This is one of those albums that makes me nervous about what he plans to release as his next radio single. The 'fun, dumb songs' I mentioned are super catchy, so I fear he'll release one of them, but I pray he goes with a more meaningful track.
Favorite songs: "Life of the Party" & "What We Ain't Got"
3. Thomas Rhett - "It Goes Like This": Those of you who read my blog or know me are probably surprised that this isn't the top album on my list. I'm a huge Thomas Rhett fan, but this album was SOMEWHAT of a disappointment. I mean, I love it, but I had already heard a majority of these songs, so it wasn't anything I got too excited about. There were a couple songs that I've heard him play that I was hoping would be on here, but they didn't make the cut. But, still... It's a really good album and like most albums, it has some 'fun, dumb songs', but they really are fun, so I can deal.
Favorite songs: "Beer With Jesus" & "Take You Home"
2. Kacey Musgraves - "Same Trailer, Different Park": I'm not sure if Kacey Musgraves will every be huge in the radio scene, but dang she's got talent. She's different and moves to the beat of her own drum, but that drum is awesome. She's such a talented song writer and she shows off that talent on this album. It's hard to compare this album to anything, which is appealing. It's different than anything out there. Also, I'd marry her voice (and her face).
Favorite songs: "Blowin' Smoke" & "I Miss You"
1. Brett Eldredge - "Bring You Back": This was seriously a no-brainer. You know how l mentioned all those 'dumb, fun songs'? Well this album really doesn't have any of them, which I love. So many of these songs have real meaning behind them and that's really what I look for in an album. I'm a lyrics guy for sure. "Beat of the Music" would have been my last choice for him to release as a single, but it's still great. If you haven't given this album a listen, drop everything and do so. Maybe my favorite voice in country music, paired with great songs? Yes, please.
Favorite songs: "Mean to Me" & "One Mississippi"
Well, there it is... Again, I haven't listened to every album this year, so it's fair to say that I probably missed a good one or two. There's also a good chance that I'm right... All the time... I'm kidding (kinda). What was your favorite album of 2013?
|Submit photos to: