skip to nav skip to content
Alright, we've already gone over the fact that I love lists that come out at the end of the year. Well, I also thoroughly enjoy going to concerts. I work most of the country concerts in Springfield, so I am lucky enough to see a majority of them.
I've seen plenty of concerts in my day, including Garth Brooks, Brooks & Dunn, Tim McGraw, etc. We've been pretty lucky these last few years in the Springfield area. We've seen some great acts come to JQH Arena, O'Reilly Family Events Center, Gillioz Theater, Midnight Rodeo.... And the list goes on. I love it. So, I've come up with my Top 5 concerts in Springfield of the year. Again, 5 is the 5th best and 1 is the best.
5. Carrie Underwood/Hunter Hayes - JQH Arena - October: Turns out, Carrie Underwood is pretty. She also puts on a pretty good show. I can't claim to be this huge Carrie fan, because I'm not. I like her fine, but she wouldn't make my top 5 or anything. Still, she sounded just like I had hoped and looked just like I had hoped. Also, Hunter Hayes is ridiculously talented.
4. Dustin Lynch - Midnight Rodeo - July: Dustin's debut album made 'My Top 5 Albums of the Year' post I had the other day, and he played a majority of those songs, so it would be tough for me not to like it. As I did with his album, I didn't expect a ton from his live show. I was wrong again. He killed it. And anytime you do a cover of Garth's "Callin' Baton Rouge", I'm all in.
3. Dierks Bentley - Ozark Empire Fairgrounds - August: I am a huge Dierks Bentley fan. I have been since I was a junior in high school. He was actually my first country concert I ever saw. I have to admit, though, this was the weirdest Dierks concert I've ever seen. I'm guessing it was because there was no alcohol served at the show. I'm not saying that you have to have alcohol to have fun, because you don't. But, it just changed the feel of the show. Still, he brought his high energy performance, like he always does and he rocked it.
2. Brad Paisley/The Band Perry/Scotty McCreery - JQH Arena - February: This was definitely the biggest lineup to come to Springfield in 2012. All of these are close to, if not, household names. Brad Paisley is known for his live shows and I was pleasantly surprised by the other 2 artists' performance. They all sounded great and the visual aspect of the show (i.e. fake Carrie Underwood) was fantastic.
1. Eric Church/Brantley Gilbert - JQH Arena - May: I mentioned earlier that I wouldn't consider Carrie Underwood one of my favorite artists. I feel the same way about Brantley Gilbert. But, when it comes to Eric Church, that's a different story. Eric hasn't put out an album or song I haven't been crazy about. He could stand on stage and sing for 4 hours with no lights, band or anything and I'd be fine with it. But, when you add in all of those things, his show is one of the best around.
**Disclaimer: I wasn't able to attend the Kip Moore show at Midnight Rodeo or the Eli Young Band show at PFI. If I had, they might have made the list, but I can't say for sure.
What was your favorite Springfield concert of the year?
See... I told you Carrie Underwood was pretty.